Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Healthy As A Horse

I knew that cliffhanger would hook you!!! It's that morbid curiosity that always brings us back for more...admit it!!! It's like watching a bad train wreck - you know the outcome and you just can't help yourself but watch. Or the cheesiest daytime soap you turn back on ten years later and still recognize the characters...and still find yourself asking why you watch this stuff! Its the stuff of bad voyeurism!

And with that being said, welcome to my blog.

I'm glad you are here and willing to share this journey with me. Something tells me you'd better grab hold...'cause it going to be a bumpy ride! And even if its not, (which I pray it won't be) I promise to make it funny, enlightening and honest. If nothing else, I'll get a little practice at writing something other than concise business correspondence, mushy emails to my S.O., heartfelt birthday cards! In the end, I hope this blog will motivate you to urge the women in your life to be proactive and be tested at a much younger age than I did!

So here we go...(and give me a break 'cause I'm "winging" this entire journey)

The mammogram that precipitated this journey is the first I've ever had and did it as part of the complete physical I had a month ago (BTW...thank you WFF). When I had my initial mammogram the technician warned me that they might call me back for more images because they had nothing to compare my originals to. No big deal...all the other tests proved that I'm as healthy as a horse! So, when they called and wanted more images of my left booby, I wasn't surprised. It was when they sent the doctor in after she had seen the second mammogram and had ordered and viewed the images from the ultrasound that the red flags went up. (And any of you that know me know that my flags aren't red unless they have been yellow, peach, orange, and every hue of pink in the process).

The doctor explained that there were two masses, and they were more concerned with the one that pulled away when being monogrammed, rather than the one that acted as a good mass, and pulled forward. She wanted to schedule a biopsy just to be sure. OK...so no big deal. A couple of needles full of breast tissue, a little discomfort, a little bruising, a couple of nights sleeping on my right side, and I'm good to go! I'm good at rolling with the punches and being flexible...so when they scheduled the biopsy for the next morning I jumped at the chance to get this "drama" over and done with.

My biopsy was scheduled for Christmas Eve 2009 at 8:45am...

No comments:

Post a Comment