Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How Quickly Things Change...

I started this blog to give myself something to do...a hobby of sorts.

I've found myself at 48 years old happier, healthier, and more content than I've ever been...and ironically with more time on my hands then I know what to do with! I'm busy with an 8-5'er that I love, an intimate and loving relationship with wonderful man, a spoiled (albeit obese) cat, friends I love and know I couldn't live/grow without, and a "castle" I adore. I'm my own best friend and my biggest fan...and I love to write.

But seldom do...I have a good life but not particularly worth writing about. The ins and outs of my daily life haven't seems significant enough to actually "publish" or even print...let alone share with anyone, outside of an occasional email or well scripted birthday card!!! You know what I mean...who wants to hear about the paper cut I got or how my cat puked on the carpet (OK, she doesn't do that, I'm just trying to make a point). But really...the most exiting thing to happen to me today was locking myself out of my car while scraping ice off the windshield while it warmed up. REALLY...how many people want to read about THAT??? Well as happenstance would have it...I've got something to write about now.

On December 28th, 2009 I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

2 comments:

  1. Julie ~ You don't know me and I came across your blog because we share many of the same interests. As I skimmed your posts I felt compelled to comment and tell you how touching your posts about your journey through breast cancer. I'm so sorry for what you are going through but you have such a positive outlook it truly impressed me. I'm not sure what else to say other then I will add you to my prayers for a quick and healthy recovery. I hope it is okay if I continue to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I would be very flattered to have you continue to follow me along my journey...as scary as it is, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.

    Life can be a never ending lesson if you allow it be...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete