Monday, April 22, 2013

On Turning 52...(SOB!!!)

I find myself laughing as I write this, simply by virtue of the fact that I sound like my mother and my grandmother..."I don't feel a day over 25".  I used to think they were crazy!  How can you be saying that when you are obviously so OLD???  You wear polyester, have grey hair and say things like "I don't feel a day over 25". 

In retrospect, they weren't crazy...they were old.  Whaaaaaaaaaa....sad but true. 
And now I can relate.    

Let's consider the facts:

1.  I'm 52
2.  90% of the people I work with are young enough to be my children
3.  I'm so set in my ways, the only one that can stand living with is my cat
4.  I never sleep past 8am
5.  I rarely stay up past 10 on a "school night"
6.  I say "school night"
7.  I drink gin and tonics with a twist of lime...instead of beer
8.  I go shopping and wonder if what I've picked out is appropriate for my age
9.  I approaching my 35 year high school reunion
10.  The men 10 years older than me are teetering on the verge of retirement
11.  I'm older than my one of my best friends parents
12.  I wear bi-focal contacts
13.  My eyebrows are turning grey faster than my hair
14.  I make lists about all the things that are aging me

See what I'm saying? 

No comments:

Post a Comment